WE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU HERE!The Impact Hub DC team looks forward to welcoming you into our space. Below you’ll find some important details about your rental and a few FAQs to help you get the most out of your time with us. Please make sure your contract is signed in a timely manner, otherwise we cannot guarantee space availability for your event! If you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to be in touch: Jenn@ImpactHubDC.com
Event Organizer Day Of Checklist
Here’s a quick check-list of things to make sure you have with you on the day of your event!
What to Bring:
- Laptop for audio/visual connection (presentations, slides) to connect with the TV monitor (We provide HDMI cord & thunderbolt converter only, so please bring a different converter if ours will not work with your laptop)
- Zip drive with presentations and slides as a backup
- Check-in preparations
- Pre-printed guest list for manual check-in, or iPads for electronic check-in
- Check-in volunteers for two entrances (elevator and stairwell)
- Food, drink & eco-friendly party supplies (see sources above): ice and compostable/disposable food/drink supplies (cocktail napkins, cocktail plates, flatware)
What to Expect
- Arrive promptly for your set-up time (usually 1 hour in advance)
- Audio/visual check starts at the beginning of your setup time
- Furniture & catering setup starts next
- Check-in setup for greeting guests happens last – make sure you have 1-2 team members to greet participants
Is _____ Allowed?
Here’s a short list of prohibited items in Impact Hub DC space:
- Smoking and/or flames of any type (this is includes but but limited to: candles, lighters, chafing or heating dished used in catering, lamp, sterno, etc.)
- Bottled water and/or styrofoam products
- Roof access
Are Janitorial Services Included In My Rental?
The scope of the janitorial service is to provide trash removal before, during and after the event in addition to event clean up maintenance during the event. Event Organizer may incur extra janitorial costs for weekend events, or weekly events that go past 11pm.
We expect the kitchen and event space to be in a clean condition when you leave. You can follow these guidelines when cleaning up:
- Wipe down the counters where food was served (cleaning solution is under the sink).
- We encourage you to take any leftover food and beverages home with you at the end of your event. If you would prefer to leave a small amount of leftover food/beverages for our members the following day, please notify your event host so that the food can be properly labeled and stored.
- Handy tip: take a photo of the room before setting up so you can use it for reference when cleaning up.
Can I Have Deliveries / Packages Sent To Impact Hub DC?
In short: yes, but only within the week of your event. You must email delivery details to event contact in advance (time and # of items expected). All deliveries must arrive, and be removed, within 2 days of your event as Impact Hub DC does not provide storage space for events. Impact Hub DC is not liable for any lost or stolen packages.
Please address all packages to:
YOUR ORGANIZATION’S NAME
Impact Hub DC
419 7th St. NW
Washington DC, 20004
After your event, please pack and prep (with appropriate shipping labels) all items to be picked up and leave near host desk; Impact Hub DC does not provide packing or shipping services.
Can I Access The Freight Elevator?
Additional fees apply for use of freight elevator.
For large deliveries, you will need to use our freight elevator. The freight elevator operates Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm excluding holidays. (Weekend usage of the freight elevator must be organized at least one week prior to your event date and will incur an additional hourly rate.)
To use the freight elevator:
- Entry is located in the alley way behind the building (419 7th St. NW, Washington DC 20004). The driver will be turning into said alley from either D street or E street. The alley runs parallel to 7th and 6th street, and is almost directly between them.
For small deliveries, it’s easiest to use our main elevator.
Do I Have Access To The Fridge? Ice/coffee? Plates/Cups/Etc?
- REFRIGERATOR SPACE: Room-temperature food is recommended as we have limited refrigerator space. There is one large refrigerator in the kitchen on each floor that is normally more than 60% occupied with our standard member/coworking food supplies. Events are welcome to use any additional fridge space on the day of your event, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- ICE/COFFEE: Impact Hub DC does not provide ice or coffee, but you are welcome to bring ice to chill drinks or use whatever (limited) additional space is available our refrigerator/freezer during the event. We do not have coolers, but event organizers are encouraged to bring them into the space if you anticipate needing lots of ice for your event.
- SUSTAINABLE PARTY SUPPLIES: Event organizers are responsible for bringing all parties supplies (cups, plates, napkins, utensils, etc.) into the space and removing them at the end of your event. *Please consider the earth when you are planning your event!* There are a number of sustainable ways to meet your event needs; we recommend Susty Party as a great resource! Please note that plastic water bottles and styrofoam are not permitted in our space. Impact Hub NYC has some compostable cups available for use.
Can I Serve Alcohol At My Event?
If you are planning on having alcohol at your event, it may only be served by a licensed bartender or catering company. The event organizer is responsible for getting all proper licenses. Under no circumstances may clients charge guests or ask for donations for alcohol inside Impact Hub DC. It is the responsibility of the event organizer to ensure that all guest attendees are over 21 with proper identification.
What AV Does Impact Hub DC Have In House?
Your rental includes usage of the basic A/V equipment that is in our space: (1) projector / screen, (1) 65” TV monitor on rollers, (2) wired handheld microphones, (1) wireless handheld microphone, PA system / speakers with iPod hook up. Our event hosts will be able to help you with the basic turning on/off of this equipment but we do not provide audio technician services throughout the event.
For additional equipment (cordless handheld microphones, lav/lapel mics, larger or additional TV monitors, projectors, screens, etc.) we recommend contacting our friends at All Stage & Sound Inc who work with us frequently and can provide excellent additional services at reasonable costs.
When Can I Start Setting Up?
The Impact Hub is a busy workspace Monday-Friday until 6pm. For evening events, you will not be able to set-up until AFTER 6pm. If you anticipate needing more time for set-up, please speak with your Event Manager in advance. It is generally possible for a few members of your team to arrive at 5:30pm to begin loading in supplies and scoping out the space, but our event team won’t begin rearranging furniture until 6pm sharp.
For full-day events, typical set-up time begins at 8am. Please make other arrangements specifically with your Event Manager.
Preferred AV Services
We absolutely welcome outside caterers in our space! You may also bring your own simple snack set-up and use the basic items we have available in our kitchen. (For large events, caterers may wish to arrange a site visit beforehand; please have them contact us directly.)
What's Not Included In My Rental?
- Coffee – If you plan on serving coffee as part of your event, please work this out in advance with your caterer or food/beverage provider. Coffee/tea service for morning meetings can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Ice or Coolers – We do not have an ice machine or coolers in house; please make your own arrangements for ice. It can be fun to fill one of our deep basin sinks with ice and serve beverages from there in the kitchen; otherwise you may wish to also bring your own coolers.
- Catering – Please arrange your own food, beverages, and catering-related services. (see list of recommended caterers and food delivery services below).
- Refrigerator Space – We’ll do our best to accommodate, but cannot promise availability.
- A/V Technicians – We provide basic A/V equipment listed above in our standard set-up, but we do not provide technicians for the running of A/V throughout the event. We recommend sourcing additional A/V support (wireless mics, lapel mics, videography recording, technicians, etc.) via All Stage & Sound Inc.
- Laptop, mp3 player – For presentations on our flatscreen TV, please bring your own laptop (to connect to our TV monitor, we provide HDMI cord & thunderbolt converters only; please bring a different converter if ours will not work with your laptop). It’s easy to plug in most portable electronic devices to our speaker system to have background music as people are circulating; please plan on using your own device with playlist or streaming music service.
- Guaranteed Access to Freight Elevator – See parameters in “deliveries” section below.
- Workshop Accessories – If necessary, please bring your own easels, flipcharts, nametags, etc.
- Coat check – We do not offer coat racks, hangers or coat check tags (we recommend your guests place coats on their chairs, or you may order coat check through Union Kitchen)
- Linens – To order tablecloths and other linens, we recommend Union Kitchen.
- Storage for event supplies – If you have a special circumstances and need to arrange temporary overnight storage in our space, please check with your Event Coordinator ahead of time to see if we have available space for up to 48 hours.
What's Included In My Rental?
- Event/venue staffers at all times for set-up, breakdown, and logistics questions throughout event. These people are familiar with our space and are cannot be replaced by outside volunteers
- WIFI. We have great wifi on a “Guest” network that you and your event attendees are welcome to use. We have 3 networks in total in the space, and capacity to expand bandwidth even further for hackathons and events that need greater internet usage, all included in your rental.
- Basic A/V set-up, options include: (1) 65” monitor, (2) wired handheld microphones or (1) wireless handheld microphone, speakers, mixer. Additional specs below.
- Use of available chairs and tables in a variety of set-ups
- One (1) free consultation session with an experienced Event Manager to help you think through flow and experience of your event
- Promotional/Marketing Assistance (optional): We can create a basic Eventbrite and host your event information and ticketing on our website, as well as promote your event to our Impact Hub DC members and larger community via Facebook, Twitter, and our bi-weekly newsletter.